Re: Evaluation of an unknown attribute description in a presence filter

That works for me too, for what it's worth.

On 19-May-05, at 7:16 PM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

So, I think [Protocol, 4.5.1.7.5] should read:

The present match evaluates to TRUE where there is an attribute or
subtype of the specified attribute description present in an entry,
FALSE where an attribute or subtype of the specified attribute
description is absent, and Undefined otherwise.

and that "a filter of (shoeSize=*) would evaluate to FALSE"
be replaced with "a filter of (shoeSize=*) would evaluate
to Undefined".

Kurt