Re: Evaluation of an unknown attribute description in a presence filter

>>> Rici Lake <rici@ricilake.net> 5/19/05 5:02:46 PM >>>
>
>On 19-May-05, at 5:49 PM, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>
>> 1) Are you saying that the same logic should also apply to other
>> search filters (not just the present filter)?
>
>Yes. If the OID were known, then there would be no assertion of that
>type, so logically an unknown numericoid should be equivalent to the
>non-existence of an assertion, whether in a presence filter or an
>equality, substring, etc. filter.

As of yet, in the protocol spec, there is no such thing as "no assertion". all filter items evaluate to TRUE, FALSE, or UNDEFINED. Are you instead suggesting that an unknown numericoid in an assertion evaluate to FALSE?

Note that we are talking about changing X.500 semantics in this thread.