Re: Protocol: present filter behavior

So you are thinking of something like (hassubordinates=*)?

- (hassubordinates=*):   shouldn't be true if server can't evaluate it
- (!(hassubordinates=*)):  shouldn't be true if the server can't evaluate
it

That says undefined is right outcome.

4.5.1.7 says:
   A filter item evaluates to Undefined when the server would not be
   able to determine whether the assertion value matches an entry.

I believe that applies to all filters, so I think the draft already
addresses this case and nothing further needs to be added.

BTW, the entire section on search is missing from the TOC in the published
draft.

John  McMeeking