Re: Protocol: present filter behavior

One specific example is where the DSA supports the notion of dynamic or synthetic attributes. These don't actually exist in the database, rather they are generated as entries are returned or as those attributes are queried. Some servers may, for some attributes, not implement a presence rule.

Jim

>>> John McMeeking <jmcmeek@us.ibm.com> 2/8/05 2:02:40 PM >>>

You lost me. How can "presence" be undefined or not implemented for an
attribute description?

John McMeeking