Re: Requesting individual schema elements

At 12:26 AM 2/4/2005, Vithalprasad Gaitonde wrote:
>Is there a mechanism by which an ldap client can request for a specific
>schema element (attributetype, objectclass etc) using the OID or the
>textual name of the element.

If you are just trying to determine if a particular attributetype or
objectclass is defined, it seems like an LDAP compare request ought to
work.  For example, I think
   ldap_compare_s(ld, subschemadn, "objectclasses", "2.5.6.6")
ought to return LDAP_COMPARE_TRUE if the "person" object class is defined.

I know this doesn't work on my favorite server, and I don't know if it
works on others.

John McMeeking