Re: Stringprep Considered Harmful

I'm going to respond to a couple of items separately.

At 12:34 AM 11/15/2004, Rici Lake wrote:
>I don't know what consultation the working group carried out in the
>decision to adopt the bidi prohibition rule but I hope you will not be
>offended by my saying that the messages you refer to (I presume these
>are http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200312/msg00087.html
>and http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200401/msg00019.html)
>do not appear to indicate a detailed consultation with a number of
>experts ("after chatting with Paul Hoffman again") or careful consideration
>by the working group (the fact that no concerns were expressed between
>December 19 and January 5, which I believe are two weeks in which most
>people in the western world are thinking about something other than
>string normalization.)

Well, I was only referencing the messages in support of my statement
that various experts where consulted in regards to proposal for LDAPprep
to employ Stringprep BIDI restrictions.  While the referenced messages
only indicates that I chatted with one expert, I didn't mean for those
referenced messages to be inclusive of all experts that were consulted.
Other experts were consulted.

Kurt