Re: Wording of Authorization deefinition (was Re: protocol-27 comments #3)

Is this less or more confusing?
The process of authorization may consider (among other things), authentication information obtained during the bind operation, and/or may consider other acts of authentication (such as lower layer security services).

Jim

Jim Sermersheim writes:
>>> 4.2. Bind Operation
>>
>>> Authorization is the decision of which access an operation has to
>>> the directory. Among other things, the process of authorization
>>> takes as input authentication information obtained during the bind
>>> operation and/or other acts of authentication (such as lower layer
>>> security services).
>>
>> Authorization can also - or instead - take as input information which
>> is not normally considered acts of authentication, such as the IP
>> number of time of day.

Heh. I tied "Among other things," to the wrong part of the rest of the
sentence. Can't see how I managed that...