Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-07.txt

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 02:43 PM 11/4/2004, Steven Legg wrote:

   scope       = "base" / "one" / "sub"
   filter      = <filter from Section 4 of [Filters]>
                   ; See the "Escaping Using the % Method"
                   ; section below.
   extensions  = extension *(COMMA extension)
   extension   = [EXCLAMATION] extype [EQUALS exvalue]
   extype      = oid / oiddescr

This should just be: extype = <oid from section 1.4 of [Models]>

This isn't ABNF.

Technically, this is a <prose-val> [RFC 2234]:
        prose-val      =  "<" *(%x20-3D / %x3F-7E) ">"
                               ; bracketed string of SP and VCHAR
                                  without angles
                               ; prose description, to be used as
                                  last resort

But I agree that we should avoid use of <prose-val> here
and elsewhere in this grammar.

That would be a good thing. I will switch to the form Steven suggests, e.g.,

   extype = oid ; from section 1.4 of [Models]

-Mark