RE: Quoted values in string DN

At 06:39 PM 10/18/2004, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>"cn=RL \"Bob\" Morgan,dc=example,dc=com" is not an escaping *within* DNs. In fact, if you pre-escape the quotes in the DN, you would probably have to write "cn=RL \\\"Bob\\\" Morgan,dc=example,dc=com"

maybe in C or other programming language, but I was talking
in English prose (such as in an email message like this):

If the distinguished value of the cn naming attribute is
        RL "Bob" Morgan
then Section 2 of RFC 2253 says the RDN is written:
        cn=RL \"Bob\" Morgan

>so I don't see that it helps!

Because one quote the (R)DN string in prose, e.g.
"cn=RL \"Bob\" Morgan", without ambiguity as to where
that string starts and stops.