Re: Authmeth

Hi,

Just one comment from me; I find this confusing:

8. Simple Authentication Mechanism of Simple Bind
<SNIP>
If the DN is not valid, or the password is not valid for the DN, or
the server otherwise considers the credentials to be invalid, the
server is to return the invalidCredentials result code.

The wording 'If the DN is not valid' automatically makes me think about an invalid DN (syntactically) - in which case I would return invalidDNSyntax.
I'm guessing that by not valid you mean that the directory can't map the DN to an entry. Is this the case?

I think a change in wording to make this sentence more precise would be helpful.

Thanks,
Andrew Sciberras
eB2Bcom - Software Engineer

EMail:	andrew.sciberras@eb2bcom.com