From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: Friday, 3 September 2004 03:12
To: Ramsay, Ron
Cc: John McMeeking; ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: NOT filter question

At 06:14 PM 9/1/2004, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>It was changed in X.500:2000.

I have not been able to locate this change in X.500(2000).
I see a clarification regarding attribute type assertion
evaluations, but I see no like change (or clarification)
regarding attribute value assertions.  As far as I can
tell, the AVA evaluation semantics are the same (ignoring
the new attribute context features).  Can you point out
the precise text which you believe changed semantics
between X.500(1993) and X.500(2000)?

Thanks, Kurt