RE: draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-12.txt is posted

Why is it necessary to support TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA? Surely DSS certificates are thin on the ground? And wasn't the original reason for favouring DSS ciphersuites the fact that RSA was emcumbered, and isn't this no longer the case?

Ron
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Roger Harrison
Sent: Wednesday, 25 August 2004 14:44
To: ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-12.txt is posted

I'm not sure why an I-D announcement hasn't been sent out, but draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-12.txt is now posted at

This version of the draft is essentially ready for WG last call. Please review it and give me your comments in the next 1-2 weeks. I expect to post a version ready for WG last call shortly after this period passes based on your feedback.

Changes for draft-ldapbis-authmeth-12

   General

     - Changed refererences from Start TLS to StartTLS.
     - Removed Appendix B: Example Deployment Scenarios
     - Removed Appendix H as all issues listed in the appendix are now
       resolved.

   Section 2

     - Added implementation requirement that server implementations
       that SUPPORT StartTLS MUST support the
       TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA ciphersuite.

   Section 3.1.2

     - Added wording clarifying that a client's association is
       unaffected if a non-success resultCode is returned in the
       StartTLS response.

   Section 9.2

     - Final paragraph of this section details requirements for
       serverSaslCreds field when no challenge value is sent.

   Section 10

     - Clarified language on uAuthzID usage.

   Section 12

     - Moved entire section into security considerations. New section
       number is 12.1.1.
     - Reorganized security considerations by topic.
     - Added several security considerations based on WG feedback.

   Section 13

     - Moved section to become section 3.3.

--Roger