Re: Simple auth and TLS (Was: authmeth review notes [long])

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>At 10:25 AM 3/9/2004, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>Michael Ströder writes:

>>> s/SHOULD/MUST/

>>> s/MUST/SHOULD/
>>
>>Still wrong.  Together, these changes require implementations that do
>>not support TLS, to implement a security hole.
>
> Which security hole you refer to here?

Simple bind with an unprotected cleartext password.  But I should have
said, implementations will be required to _support_ a security hole.
They don't have to activate it.  Unfortunately, one can trust some users
to activate it, and some server admins to allow such binds.