Re: Simple auth and TLS (Was: authmeth review notes [long])

Hallvard, nevermind regarding my previous post.  After re-reading
Michael's and your messages, I believe I understand what each of
you are getting at.

Michael, I believe the text, which mandates implementations be
capable of protecting simple password authentication using TLS,
is supported by WG consensus.  Operational experience has shown,
that in absence of such mandates, implementations will not offer
adequate protective services.

Kurt