RE: Protocol: control specifications.

Hallvard, John,

In discussing this issue at IETF#59, one of the questions
that came up was whether there were any non-diagnostic
use case for criticality behavior (where control specifications
mandate client send a particular value that servers are to
verify the value and return error if not).  Do you have
any?

It seems that this is not really a protocol interoperability
issue (though requiring verification might actually lead to
some protocol interoperability problems), but a client
development/diagnostic issue.

(Hallvard, you are likely correct that I have not responded to
each of your points.  This is mostly likely due to my attempt
to narrow discussion to key aspects of this issue.  We, of
course, likely differ on what are key aspects of this
discussion.)

Kurt