Re: dITStructureRules

At 02:40 PM 2/24/2004, Steven Legg wrote:
>In the Adacel directory server we disallow ambiguous name forms in the
>schema. An update that attempts to add an ambiguous name form to a
>subschema subentry fails with a constraintViolation error.
>
>To the best of my knowledge, X.500 doesn't say what to do with ambiguous
>name forms. We chose to disallow them.

I don't recall any specific statement, but doesn't X.501
contain a general statement that implies DSA are to ensure
that the subschema is, at least, self consistent.  Anyways,
folks who think some sort of specific statement is needed in
[Models] should offer text for the WG to consider.

Regards, Kurt