names of RFC references (was: models-09 comments)

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>At 08:45 AM 12/21/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-09.txt says:

>>> 12.1. Normative References
>>
>>Suggest to put the references in alphabetical order.
>
> The references will end up ordered by the final mnemonics
> used (which, I hope, will be based on numbers of the
> RFCs-to-be).

I can't find the message now, but I thought you told me the
RFC Editor would not rename references.  Am I wrong?

[Protocol], at least, seems to intend to use descriptive
mnemonics and not RFC names as reference names.  It already
has several RFC references which are not named 'RFCxxxx'.

It would be nice if the LDAPbis documents had more or less
the same reference names for the same documents, at least
for references to LDAPbis documents.  I'll post a list of
differences between reference names is anyone is interested.