Re: Protocol: control specifications.

By way of example, I think what Hallvard means is that if a control specification says that the control is always critical, then that specification should also say what happens when a client misbehaves and sends that control with criticality set to FALSE.

Hallvard, is that what you are saying?

Jim

At 12:27 PM 12/18/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>>> 4.1.11. Controls
>>
>>> This document does not specify any controls. Controls may be
>>> specified in other documents. The specification of a control consists
>>> of:
>>> (...)
>>> - whether the control is always non critical, always critical, or
>>> optionally critical,
>>
>>A request fails if this condition is violated?
>The control specification would define server behavior when these behaviors are violated.

The control specification should detail any particular
criticality requirements it has on how controls should be
generated but should not detail any criticality requirements
on how controls should be processed by the receiver. The
latter needs to be covered in protocol.

Kurt