Re: protocol: placement of initial/final substrings

At 02:39 PM 12/18/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>I've never heard of this being a constraint in the protocol.

I believe a constraint should be explicitly stated here.  (I'd
argue that definition itself has always implied a constraint.)
Achieving interoperability with multiple encoding options
are possible is problematic.

BTW, OpenLDAP server implements such a constraint.  I don't
recall anyone ever violating it.