Re: protocol: placement of initial/final substrings

SubstringFilter in [Protocol] is a different ASN.1 type and values of
this ASN.1 type are always encoded in BER in the protocol. The BER encoding
distinguishes the initial, any and final components with different context
specific tags, so the order doesn't matter, and no order is imposed.

Regards,
Steven

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
I've never heard of this being a constraint in the protocol.
Jim

 >>> Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> 12/11/03 5:21:58 AM >>>
Must the <initial> and <final> components be the first and last
substrings in a SubstringFilter? I can find no general statement which
says so, though the individual matching rules in [Syntaxes] all require
such placement.