Re: [schema] vs. rfc2247 replacement

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>At 06:08 AM 12/12/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>> Will [schema]'s claim to define 'dc' pass IANA at all, since the
>> attribute name is currently owned by someone else's RFCs?  And will the
>> publication [schema] be held up while IANA resolves the ownership of the
>> name?
>
> The IANA considerations section requests the registry be updated.

Yes, I know, but my point is that this request doesn't come from the
owner of the current registration of the 'dc' name.  I would hope that
IANA doesn't just let anyone claim ownership of others' registered
descriptors.  So I'm wondering what will happen to the RFC-to-be when
its IANA considerations section reaches IANA.