Re: [schema] vs. rfc2247 replacement

At 02:14 AM 12/11/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>[schema] section 1.1 says:
>
>>   Section 3.4 of
>>   this document supercedes the technical specification for the 'dc'
>>   attribute type found in RFC 2247.[editor's note:  Substitute
>>   replacement RFC at time of publication.]   The remainder of RFC 2247
>>   remains in force.
>
>Is rfc2247 being revised (with a "replacement RFC")?  And the
>replacement will still define 'dc'?  If so, it sounds like we should
>come to an agreement with them about which document is authorative for
>'dc'.  In particular if [schema] gets published before the rfc2247
>replacement:-)

At this point, any revision of RFC 2247 will come after [Schema]
is published.  When 2247 revision does come, it should only update
the remainder (or portion of).

The [schema] text above should be consistent with the state
of LDAP standard track documents at the time of its publication.
If one simply ignores the note, it is.   I suggest the note be
deleted when [schema] is next revised.

Kurt