Re: protocol/syntaxes: substrings

I knew I had forgotten something...

I wrote:
> [Syntaxes] 4.1 has this text, and [Protocol] 4.5.1 a similar text:
>
>>   Note that the AssertionValue in a SubstringFilter
>>   [PROT] MUST conform to the assertion syntax of the equality matching
>>   rule for the attribute type rather than the assertion syntax of the
>>   substrings matching rule for the attribute type.  (...)

That only applies to substring filters.  I think it should also apply to
extensibleMatch filters using substrings matching rules, after the
matching rule has broken down the assertion value into components
separated by '*'.  Not sure if it should be covered in [Syntaxes] or
[Protocol]; I don't think it need be covered in both.

Maybe the simplest would be to only keep this part of the above
paragraph where it is in [Syntaxes]:

>>   (...) SubstringFilter is converted into an assertion value of the
>>   substrings matching rule prior to applying the rule.

and instead add a new paragraph about substrings matching rules, which
says that the assertion value is broken down as mentioned above, and the
"MUST" is then applied.  At the same time, maybe this text from all the
substrings matching rules could be factored out and put in the new
paragraph.  Put an 'unless otherwise specified' in front if you don't
want to make it a requirement of all new matching rules at well:

   The rule evaluates to TRUE if and only if the prepared substrings of
   the assertion value match disjoint portions of the prepared attribute
   value character string in the order of the substrings in the
   assertion value, and an <initial> substring, if present, matches the
   beginning of the prepared attribute value character string, and a
   <final> substring, if present, matches the end of the prepared
   attribute value character string.