Re: Implementation of SASL security layer in LDAP clients/servers

In that context, I guess I would completely reverse my statement.  IBM
directory servers do not support the data integrity/privacy mechanisms
associated with SASL, just authentication.  I am completely ignorant on the
subject of such support by other LDAP servers (which is not to say that
they don't provide such support, just that I don't know if they do).

John  McMeeking

                      Hallvard B
                      Furuseth                 To:       John McMeeking/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS
                      <h.b.furuseth@usi        cc:       LDAPBis WG <ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org>
                      t.uio.no>                Subject:  Re: Implementation of SASL security layer in LDAP
                                                clients/servers
                      11/05/2003 08:35
                      PM

John McMeeking writes:

> IBM directory products support various SASL mechanisms for
> authentication.  For that matter, all LDAP servers I have dealt with
> have SASL support of some form.

The question was about SASL security layers, which encrypt data sent
_after_ auth, not just 'some' SASL support like SASL authentication.