Re: Specifying non-tcp transports referrals

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
I assumed it was a bad assumption because as I looked closer at
draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-03.txt, I found nothing to indicate that the
LDAPURL is to be used for any particular transport. From what I can
tell, it is only a defacto standard that this is always used for
TCP/IP.

The only well defined transport for LDAP is TCP. So I just assume that LDAP URLs must use TCP as a transport too. Are you saying that is too limiting?

-Mark