Re: [Syntaxes] Century overflow in Generalized Time

John McMeeking writes:
> Generalized time uses a 4-digit year (YYYYMMDD...) .  Wrap-around won't
> occur until date reach the year 10000 (another 7997 years to go).

So?  Someone may still put dates far in the future (or the past) in the
directory, or compare with such dates.

Come to think of it, another gray area is dates from before the
Gregorian calendar was used.  But that's so messy that I don't know what
to suggest, except possibly that implementations _may_ be clever about
that if they want to.  Like not having leap years before 1581 or
whatever, and implementing the 'hole' in the calendar that year where
some days were skipped when comparing dates with different time zones
(where the hour may overflow into the hole).