Re: Attribute Name Length Bounds

Hi Kurt!

I'm sorry to be so misunderstood.

The issue that has been raised is not proposing limits on the attribute
values (implying protocol field sizes), only the name (descriptor) of
the attribute or other object.  As far as a small limit, I simply
recommended the number that is already set as a limit in the IANA
considerations for this same issue.  If, in general, descriptor
identifiers need to be more than 48 characters, then the IANA document
needs to be changed.

Thanks,
Kathy