Re: Attribute Name Length Bounds

At 01:11 PM 6/16/2003, Ryan Moats wrote:
>It is *NOT* clear to me whether you are speaking as co-chair or
>something else or both.  Can you please note (going forward)
>which comments are being made with which hat on?

It's my general practice (though I likely have slipped in the
past and likely will again in the future) to mark each statement
coming from the chair in some way.  I try to sign major statements
from the chair with "LDAPBIS co-chair" but do occasionally inject
comments from the chair with "as co-chair... ", or equivalent.  Also,
I occasionally mark individual comments using "Personally, ..."
when I think the comment might be misconstrued as coming from the
chair, but comments I make as an individual are generally not
qualified.  Hence, if its not explicitly labeled as coming from
the chair, I likely didn't intend for it to be treated as coming
from the chair.  If I didn't mark something as coming from the
chair when it should have been, I won't fault you or others for
my error.  I'll just post a clarification.

I intend to continue with this practice and will try my best not
to slip too much.

In reviewing this thread, I believe no clarifications are needed.
That is, I believe I've explicitly marked the one comment I made
from the chair (with "as co-chair").  All my other comments were
made as a WG member.

With apologies for past and future slips, Kurt