Re: Attribute Name Length Bounds

Chris Apple wrote:

I maintain my view that this particular issue is of
sufficiently general nature to justify consideration
of adding a requirement to one or more standards track
documents. Some of those could be from this group. That
question I asked in a separate posting to the WG.

I will be honest and say that I am not sure where such a requirement belongs. Lack of a minimum lower bound does make it difficult for anyone to create and publish schema that may be used with all LDAP implementations. That seems like a fairly general problem to me.

I also see Jim and Kurt's point about the problems that will arise if the LDAPBis group descends down the path of specifying minimum lengths for all of the LDAP protocol elements.

-Mark