Re: IETF ldapbis WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-schema-05.txt

Norbert Klasen wrote:
the schema in many LDAP servers contains an alternate name for those attributes, whose name is an abbreviation from the name of the respective X.500 attribute type, e.g. 'cn' and 'commonName' or 'st' and 'stateOrProvinceName'.
Should this be reflected in the user-schema document?

I guess this will take us to the name registry discussion again.

I'd like to see this aliases mentioned in draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-schema. This would make developers aware that these aliases exist.

Ciao, Michael.