Re: [ldapext] name form for inetOrgPerson with uid as naming attribute?

Michael Ströder wrote:

IMHO it would be most appropriate to define a name form applicable for a certain object class in the document defining this object class. How about starting a new revision of RFC 2798, e.g. draft-[something]-ldap-RFC2798bis?

BTW we could add other useful things needed by LDAP community...

Years ago John Dale proposed two name forms for inclusion in the inetOrgPerson document but, at the time, it was too late to include them (debate had been going on long enough about the document and we were about to send it to the IESG). But revising 2798 seems like a good idea if there is sufficient interest. I'd be happy to take on the editing tasks again.

For the record, here are the nameforms John proposed (I translated them to RFC 2252 syntax, so any syntax errors are mine):

nameForms: ( 2.16.840.1.113678.640.7.8
  NAME 'inetOrgPersonNameForm'
  OC inetOrgPerson
  MUST cn