Re: [ldapext] name form for inetOrgPerson with uid as naming attribute?

Jochen Keutel wrote:
  it's common practice to store objects of object class
inetOrgPerson with uid as naming attribute in an LDAP directory.
But - AFAIK - there is no name form allowing that; so LDAP
servers which care about name forms (e.g. X.500 servers) reject this.

It's quite boring to define this name form in each new directory
project I have ... (and, additionally, it's always a new
object identifier of the OID branch of the customer ...).

Is it possible to define this name form in any of the LDAP
standard documents?

IMHO it would be most appropriate to define a name form applicable for a certain object class in the document defining this object class. How about starting a new revision of RFC 2798, e.g. draft-[something]-ldap-RFC2798bis?

BTW we could add other useful things needed by LDAP community...

Ciao, Michael.