Re: LDAP DN: static table/registry approach

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn details the "static table" approach previously adopted by the WG. It was recently updated, see below. draft-zeilenga-ldapbis-rfc2253 details a "registry" approach. I had intended to update it as well, but due an error on my part, this update will not be announced until after IETF#56. However, I think the revision currently available is good enough to consider the following question:

Should the WG pursue the "registry" approach as discussed in
draft-zeilenga-ldapbis-rfc2253 in favor of the "static table"
approach discussed in draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn?

I prefer the registry approach, since I think there is some pressure from real users to avoid OIDs in LDAP DNs.

Maybe I missed it, but would this be a new IANA registry?

-Mark