LDAP DN: static table/registry approach

draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn details the "static table" approach
previously adopted by the WG. It was recently updated, see below.
draft-zeilenga-ldapbis-rfc2253 details a "registry" approach.
I had intended to update it as well, but due an error on my part,
this update will not be announced until after IETF#56.  However,
I think the revision currently available is good enough to
consider the following question:

Should the WG pursue the "registry" approach as discussed in
draft-zeilenga-ldapbis-rfc2253 in favor of the "static table"
approach discussed in draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn?

Comments?

Kurt, as editor