Re: objectIdentifierMatch on ambiguous name

At 01:35 PM 2/12/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>> Okay, taking this on somewhat incrementally.  How about
>> we replace the last paragraph of 1.3 (leaving my previous
>> addition to 6.2 in place) the following?
>> Does this cover your [Models] concerns?
>
>Sorry, no.

How about?

  While the <descr> form is generally preferred when the usage is
  restricted to short names referring to object identifiers which
  identify like kinds of objects (e.g., attribute type descriptions,
  matching rule descriptions, object class descriptions), the <numericoid>
  form should be used when the object identifiers may identify multiple
  kinds of objects or when unambiguous short name (descriptor) is not
  available.

  When the <descr> form is used, the representation SHALL be considered
  invalid if the usage is not restricted as discussed above or the
  implementation cannot determine unambiguously which object identifier
  the <descr> refers to.