Re: objectIdentifierMatch on ambiguous name

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
> Okay, taking this on somewhat incrementally.  How about
> we replace the last paragraph of 1.3 (leaving my previous
> addition to 6.2 in place) the following?
>
>   While the <descr> form is generally preferred, the <numericoid>
>   form should be used when an unambiguous short name (descriptor) is
>   not available.  When the <descr> form is used, the representation
>   SHALL be considered invalid if the implementation cannot determine
>   unambiguously which object identifier the <descr> refers to.
>
>   See Section 6.2 for additional discussion of Short Names (descriptors).
>
> Does this cover your [Models] concerns?

Sorry, no.  It still needs an addition like:

   "...or cannot know kind of entity the OID represents (i.e.
   whether it represents an object class, an attribute type, or
   something else.)"

Otherwise the reader may consider 'oid: person' to be unambiguous
if he has a person object class and no other OID named 'person',
with my previous definition of attribute 'oid'.