Re: objectIdentifierMatch on ambiguous name

At 07:49 AM 1/4/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>>> I think a general statement is better than listing instances.
>> While I certainly would prefer a general statement, I'm afraid
>> that different statements might be needed for different instances.
>Eh?  Then why did you too suggest a general statement further down?

Because I prefer general statements as well...  but,
as I noted, we may have to note some exceptions to them.

>> Doesn't this contradict [Models, 1.3]?
>I guess so, but so does your suggestion.

Yes.  So, the next question is, how do we resolve this contradiction?
(I'm going to chew on this a bit before attempting to offer a
suggestion.)

>Doesn't it say the same thing?

Basically, yes.