Re: Fw: Reserved characters for a LDAP URI

At 12:46 AM 12/24/2002, Wen-Cheng Wang wrote:
>It seems that RFC 2253 requires that the comma character ',' inside
>a RDN AttributeVALue must be escaped as "\," rather than "\2C".
>I think RFC 2253 does not allow the comma character ',' be escaped
>as "\2C".

The Section 4 ABNF clearly allows the comma to be encoded as
"\2c" or "\2C".  While one could take the Section 3 as restricting implementations, the text is generally not viewed as mandating
one particular escaping of the comma.  This has been clarified
in draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn.

Kurt