Re: LPAREN, RPAREN, and others

At 05:33 AM 12/16/2002, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>What is the point of using the names LPAREN, RPAREN, DOT and so on
>instead of "(", ")", "." and so on (in quotes)?  I find the latter far more readable.

I find ABNFs which consistently use of common productions
for all literals are more readable than ABNFs which mix
common productions and literals.  But, I think, it's a
matter of style found in uses of many formal languages.
I'm generally of the opinion that it doesn't matter too
much which style you use, as long as you consistently use
that style.

Kurt