From: Mark C Smith [mailto:mcs@netscape.com]
Sent: Friday, 15 November 2002 09:18
To: David Chadwick
Cc: LDAP BIS
Subject: Re: ;binary migration solution

My view is that most widely used client and server implementations will
need to support the old way and the new way, because many existing
implementations will NEVER be updated. But your proposal does allow new
servers that do not need to support old clients to NOT implement ;binary.

One more comment: it might be better to use
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-features-04.txt
instead of a control for this.

-Mark Smith
  Netscape