RE: controls

At 06:01 PM 2002-10-03, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>So I would prefer to see the position as "no control should rely on the
>actual order of other controls included in the same request."

We should avoid making statements which restricting LDAP
extensions. Such position statements are better left to
documents detailing "guidelines" for designers of LDAP
extensions.

>From: Jim Sermersheim [mailto:jimse@novell.com]
>We could state that the ordering in the sequence is not significant
>unless specified by a control specification.

Yes, this we could state.  It addresses the default
semantics issue without restricting LDAP extensions to
those semantics.

Kurt