Re: DN-alt issues

At 11:27 AM 2002-08-19, Scott Seligman wrote:
>It is inappropriate to change this in a BIS update, where the goal is
>clarifying an existing spec, not designing a better spec.

I don't think we've redesigned the DN string representation.
The representation still allows arbitrary type name strings
to be used.

We've added recommendations which narrow the use of a
particular feature to improve interoperability between
independently developed implementations.  This addition,
IMO, is quite appropriate.

Kurt