Directory Best Practice Guide

Hi -

A discussion on the ldapext mail list last week came to the conclusion that a Guide to Directory Best Practice is very much needed. A number of volunteers then stepped forward to work on producing one, and The Open Group has provided a mail list ldap-bpg@opengroup.org to support their work.

We don't yet have detailed terms of reference or working procedures. We have a belief in the value of this guide and the intention to produce a publicly available document with volunteer effort and using an open and public editing and review procedure.

I look forward to working with you on the Directory Best Practice Guide!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

           Dr. Christopher J. Harding
  T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:c.harding@opengroup.org Phone: +44 118 902 3018
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
The Open Group Conference
Boundaryless Information Flow: The Role of Open Source
Cannes, France, 14-18th October
http://www.opengroup.org/cannes2002