Re: WG consensus: remove ;binary

At 07:13 AM 2002-05-30, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Another implication may be that there is no obvious room for a
>transfer-encoding option. If the TS defines options as always having
>subtyping behavior, any special tranfer encoding mechanism would
>probably be in the form of a control.

I believe the "core" specification must allow for introduction
of other kinds of options, including the re-introduction transfer
options.

The consensus to remove ;binary (and mention of transfer options),
is not inconsistent with our previous consensus to clarify
that multiple kinds of options exist.

Kurt