syntax table (was: Teletex Terminal Identifierindraft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-01)

At 01:48 PM 2002-03-06, Kathy Dally wrote:
>The H-R column has already been removed from the list of syntax oid
>assignments in ....-syntaxes-02 (Annex A).  I don't see how indicating
>which syntaxes are utf8 is helpful.  For example, what would be in the
>column for IA5 String?

As each syntax defined in the [Syntax] I-D should be complete,
there is no need to maintain the table.  It, IMO, should be
completely removed from the document or changed to a simple
table providing for each syntax defined in the document an
indication of which section it is defined in.

We cannot attempt to maintain a table of all the syntaxes
defined "thus far" for use in LDAP.

Kurt