Re: IANA Considerations for LDAP

I can live with that solution.  I just think we need to treat e-
consistently across all types of names (OID names, attribute options,
result codes, and authentication mechanisms).  Your email (as opposed
to e-mail) indicates that you want to have a consistent rule that e- is
used if and only if the name is experimental.  The document needs to be
tweaked to say that; right now it says if, but not only if for two
types of names.

The only argument I can see in favor of of allowing ANY name to start
with e- is that if an experiment succeeds and is documented in a
standard, you could leave the name alone.  But since you would have to
change the associated numeric value in some cases, this would be a
limited advantage.

Rick Huber