Re: DIGEST-MD5: conflict between RFC 2829 and RFC 2831

Steve:

As Kurt mentioned, both RFCs 2829 and 2831 are in the process of being
rewritten to move to Draft Standard status (if possible) and discussion is
happening on the ietf-ldabis list.  The content of RFC 2829 in particular
will be reorganized for clarity, including the bind/sasl language
currently in RFC 2251.  This bug (thanks for the catch, Steve, and you
too, Larry) is an excellent example of why it is A Bad Thing to restate
specifics of SASL mechanisms in application-protocol SASL profiles, so we
should avoid making this mistake again as we rewrite.

 - RL "Bob"

---