RE: When to not deref aliases

If the operation will always return invalidCredentials, aren't we
really saying that an alias MUST (or SHOULD) NOT be used as the target
of a BIND?

If that is the behavior we want, fine.  As I said before, access
control issues may well make this the right answer.

But if there is anyone out there who feels they have a real need to
BIND using an alias as the dn, now would be a good time to speak up.

Rick Huber