RE: When to not deref aliases

At 04:45 PM 1/16/01 -0700, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>I'll leave it up to the chairs as to whether or not they want to formalize such a thing <per issue polling of implementors>.

Thank you, no.  [we will do implementation reporting, but that
a different subject]

I think the approach you are using is fine.  You post issues.
You allow discussion.  You or others propose changes.  You
make changes based upon the consensus of the group as
measured by you, the document editor.

The amount of time you allow for discussion, a week or so,
seems quite reasonable to me.

As far as the deref alias issue, I suggest you give folks a
few more days to respond before you take any action.

Kurt