RE: DN "a published table" clarification

At 02:41 PM 12/22/00 -0600, Ryan Moats wrote:
>Can't I define naming rules in the schema?

You may.

>Once I define a naming rule haven't I extended the list
>of naming attribute types for my particular
>implementation?

Yes.

Note that the DN specification fully supports use of
arbitrary naming attributes.  The question is not
which attributes may or may not be used in naming,
but how attributes which are used in naming are to
represented in the string

>Or are you going to take this
>approach away as well under because it
>involves "schema discovery"?

I am not sure I understand the approach... but if it
relies upon schema discovery or other information held
in a directory, it sounds like it has a catch-22 problem.

Kurt